Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lots to update...

Well, because I have been so lazy in updating, this blog will consist of many subtitles.....because there is A LOT to update on.

VISITORS

We have been very fortunate to have such wonderful family and friends. Some of them are so wonderful they have flown and driven cross country to visit us. My cousin Shawn flew in to keep me and the kids company while Paul went to New York with his brother to attend a Yankee game in the new stadium (this was a b-day present from the ladies in their life). I thought this weekend would be very hard without my better half, but Shawn was quite a hit with my kids, especially Hunter, so it ended up being a very fun filled weekend. One of the highlights of the weekend was going to racoon river park (one of the few places I can go when I am homesick for the water). We spent all afternoon playing in the sand and on the park.







(doesn't Hunter look like he could be her's)

We also were very lucky to have a very good family friend of mine (Corey G.) come visit for two nights on his way back to the east coast from Washington State. I hadn't seen Corey since our wedding, so it was so fun to be able to catch up and just hang out. The highlight of our weekend together (or at least the highlight for me) was when Corey and Hunter decided it would be fun (and very necessary) to wash my car......



Gotta love those boys:)


What has Hunter been up to?

Well, to sum it up he has been playing the field and moving on up








Hunter is playing tball for his future school district (Johnston, IA). His team is the Marlins and his coach is 'Daddy'. He seems to really enjoy playing, and his favorite thing to do is be the last hitter up because they get a 'home run' every time...in other words the last hitter gets to run around all of the bases, NO MATTER where the ball lands. It has been really great watching Paul and Hunter get to share this time together. And it has been really enjoyable for me that Hunter still runs over to me in the middle of the game and says 'Hey mom, love ya' as he lands a big one on my lips. How old are they when they are embarrassed to kiss their mom in public?

Hunter also had a HUGE accomplishment this past week. He graduated from preschool. He is now officially 'movin on up'. Paul and I are so proud of our little graduate.

His teachers Miss Kris and Miss Kathy have become such a big part of our lives. I am not just being corny, they really have. They were Hunter's teachers when I had my miscarriage and they were there throughout my pregnancy with Kinley. They were very good about updating me on how Hunter was doing after Kinley was born. They helped guide Paul and I on ways to help engage Hunter in learning at home. With their help, Hunter has learned how to add, subtract, read and write 3 letter words, write his name, understand parts of a story, comprehend patterns, and most importantly he has learned valuable social skills that will serve him well in his coming years of school. I couldn't have asked for better teachers for my Hunterbear.



What has Kinley been up to?

Kinley is two months old and here are some of the things she is doing.

She is smiling at us and not just in response to some gas.

She is starting to coo, which is the sweetest sound. She starts to get all excited when she hears a familiar voice.


She finally likes her carseat. This was quite a challenge the first few weeks, but as you can see she has learned it's really not that bad.


She is able to hold her head up very well for an 8 week old. At 6 weeks, she was able to sit up in her bumbo all on her own, which is definitely a sight to see.

Hunter is still really enjoying having a little sister at home to hug, kiss, cuddle, and of coarse use as a dart board.

Like brother, Like Sister.

That's all for now...check back later for more on the Covill Clan:)


1 comment:

Shannon said...

what a great update!!! i'm so gald month 2 has been going so well with so many fun visits and milestones to celebrate! one day Kinley is going to get back at Hunter for using her as a human target, haha.