Thursday, June 10, 2010

Date Night

I have got to say, I never thought I would enjoy being a stay at home mom as much as I have these past few months. Technically, I still work full time, but my hours are on the weekend ( kind of a sweet deal...weekend package nurses get paid time and a half so I make full time pay but only work two days). Anyway, this wonderful opportunity has allowed me to stay home with Hunter and Kinley during the week. I never got to stay home with Hunter when he was this age, so I am treasuring every moment with my new baby because I know how fast this stage goes.

Summer has already been in full swing at our house for two weeks, and we have been busy enjoying so many fun activities like playing at our local parks, swimming in the splash pads, exploring the zoo and the science center, playing at the mall play places, and enjoying LOTS of play dates. I have LOVED every moment I get to be with my big boy, but to be honest despite being home all week most of my time and energy has to go to Kinley...and that little princess requires A LOT of attention. Don't get me wrong, Hunter is still getting as much attention as I can give, but it is definitely hard to get that one on one time we used to have.

I shared my frustrations with my loving Husband over the weekend. He was so understanding that he came up with the idea of date night....not for me and him, but for me and this guy

So this Friday, Hunterbear and I are going to dinner at this fun restaurant called HuHot and then we are going to see the new moving Marmaduke. I am so excited to get to spend a whole meal with Hunter and get to catch up with him without being distracted by Kinley (and even by Paul...haa). I am so happy that he is just as excited. He has been asking me every day this week, 'now how many more days until our date mommy?". I feel so blessed to be able to still get to spend some one on one time with my oldest kid and know my youngest one will be in great hands with her daddy......God, life is great:)


No comments: