Thursday, June 17, 2010

Faith unveiled

I have recently had some very deep and moving conversations with family and friends that have inspired me to write. Most of these conversations have centered around faith. Faith is something that is so personal, yet so uniting among us all. I have come to realize that those people in my life that don't have faith and don't know God are really selling them selves short on such a powerful gift. Honestly, I do not understand how some of my friends and family face such tragedy without God by their side. Now I have not always been very open about my faith, but it has always been a part of my life. I started this journey of faith the day my son was born, and it has only grown stronger since. I now feel a strong push to share my faith with those around me and I am so happy that I have finally gained enough confidence to do so.

Simply put, this life is not about us....it is about Him and discovering His purpose for us.

I have been very saddened lately for those people in my life who experience life without Faith. Without my faith in God and in His plan, there would seriously be days where I probably could not go on. If I was living just for myself then it would be so easy to focus on all the bad stuff, big or small, but what a miserable life that would be. Instead, recently I have chosen to look at my life as a small piece to His master puzzle. If I can spend my days enjoying what God has given me like my kids, my husband, and my family and friends then I can make my piece a beautiful part of His masterpiece.

I know that I am not guaranteed a perfect day everyday, but I am guaranteed a perfect life after this one. I just need to believe and live this life for Him. When your life becomes about Him, then the bad stuff won't seem so bad. Instead the bad things become about discovering the good that God has in put in place for our life. For example, out of tragedy can come support from people you didn't even know cared. God has a plan for our lives, and if we can let go of the reigns and let Him guide us then we will see His plan is way better than anything we could imagine!!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Bridget, I love this post! You write your faith and journey to discovering it so clearly and I love being a part in God's masterpiece too. I feel so blessed to have you as my sister and friend. Thank you for your refreshing words of wisdom and enlightenment. ~Nanee

Shannon said...

Hey Bridgee,

Thank you for sharing your gift of faith with all of us. I know where you are from and what we tried to teach you. It is a true gift to Dad and I to watch and share in your faith filled life. Faith seems like the gift that keeps on giving. Love - yo mamma!

(Shannon let me post from her computer)

RoddyBobRollsRoyceRockets said...

Dear Bridget,
You blog on Faith Unveiled was the theme of my weekend with your dad. "Fathers Day" is all about being Our Heavenly Father's business everyday by faith.
Uncle Bob
1 John 5:1-5