Sunday, January 17, 2010

Planning with a purpose

We heard a really great sermon today in church, and i felt compelled to share it with all of you. Our current series at church is called 'Trust God, Seriously', and today's sermon was about learning how to surrender your life completely to God. Its interesting, how we can spend hours and hours using tons of energy to plan for our future, but in reality we really have no control over what the future holds. Sure we have choices, but God has the final reply to our choices.
Sometimes, the fact that we are not in control can be very scary, but for me today it was a HUGE relief. It means I can stop worrying. I can stop worrying about our baby's name, where we will live in 5 years, if we are making the right choice for Hunter's school, or even the health of those around me. I like to think of myself as a planner, but I think I truly spend more time worrying about my plans than actually acting on them.
I pray that this new year I can learn to just let go of my worries, and be open to God's purpose in my life. It is great to plan, but from now on i want to plan with the purpose of fulfilling God's will for my life. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined i would be where I am in my life today, and for that I am forever grateful that God is Sovereign, and that he reigns over me and my life!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

bridg! i love reading your posts. you have inspired me to start blogging. check it out.. http://corbeys.blogspot.com/