Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Growing Up :(


Dearest Hunterbear,

How come you keep getting bigger even though I have told you numerous times....please STOP growing!!! As sad as I am that I will be sending my baby to Kindergarten in the fall, I know you are ready. Your teachers said you have been ready all year. You love to learn, and I pray that this continues. And maybe I am a little biased, but you really are one smart 4 1/2 year old. You can already add and subtract simple equations (2+2....etc.) You counted to 100 the other day for me, which blew me away. And you are now starting to read two/three letter words at story time before bed. I pray every night that you will enjoy school because the more you learn, the further you will go in life. And I have a feeling you were put on this earth to do great things with your life.

For those reading this, my son told me the other day he will be taking the bus to school when he turns five. I was shocked! First off, shocked that five year olds are even allowed to take the bus, and also shocked that he wanted to. Now mind you, I live 30 seconds away from school and I will be home during the week, so of coarse I said no way jose. What are your thoughts? How old were your kids when you sent them on the bus. I never rode the bus, so maybe I am just being naive, but I cannot imagine sending my little bugger on a huge bus by himself!

No comments: