Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bad Dog


For those that don't know we have a Large Yellow lab named Yankee, and although we love him let's just say he pretty close to the world's worst dog. But I take full responsibility. Yankee is my first dog EVER, and I/we did not do a very good job at training him. I will say, however, He does know how to sit and stay....mind you, I said he knows how to, but that does not mean listens.

So why do we keep him around? Well, besides being soo cute, he is GREAT around Hunter bear, and Hunter loves him dearly. Yankee has entertained my son on numerous occassions when I thought Hunter would cry out in boredom for being the only child. They can spend hours playing on the kitchen floor, and play wrestling. However, sometimes my little four year old doesn't understand that Yankee may be his 'friend', but he is still a dog, and dogs don't know when to stop. I have told Hunter thousands of times not to play rough with Yankee because he will rough house right back. Well, he didn''t believe me.....
My poor little bugger will have a a lot of explaining to do tomorrow at school. I was furious at the dog, and just as I was about to literally throw Yankee out, Hunter told me it wasn't Yankee's fault because he was playing too rough. After the tears stopped falling, Hunter knelt over by Yankee who had hidden under the table to escape from my wrath , and he said 'I am not mad any more Yankee, but let's not do that again"......He just melts my heart.

No comments: