Monday, October 25, 2010

Christian Moves

Soccer season started in August, and I made it to my first game this past weekend (the downside to working weekends).

I was so impressed with Hunterbear compared to last year. Instead of following all the kids like a pack of wolves, Hunter would take the approach of standing off to the side and then making a break for it when the ball was kicked out by one of the other kids.


It's a great strategy because he is able to dribble it to the goal without anyone on defense. He is also the lead scorer on his team (but who's counting).


The league is called Upward, and it is a Christian based league led by some young adults in the area. Paul and I weren't sure whether we should sign Hunter up with this league or the league in the town that we live it, but we are so happy we chose Upwards. It's like nothing I have ever experienced. They recognize winning, but that is not the main focus. I like this because although I do think it is good for kids to learn about winning and loosing (it's just part of life), I also want my son to understand that winning and loosing with grace is the most important. They focus on sportsmanship, fair play, and being a good Christian on and off the field. They start and end the game with a small devotion for the kids to learn. Overall it has been a wonderful experience, and I am excited to sign him up next season.
.....and I think he is too:)

1 comment:

Boppy! said...

I just read your whole blog Bridgie... you are doing wonderfully as a Mother and a Wife! I am sooo proud of you and all of your accomplishments! I love you so much and miss the whole Covill clan so much! Cannot wait to see you.
Boppy :)