Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day


That's right, this handsome fella started his first day of Kindergarten. And let me tell you he was smiling like this all morning. He woke us up at 6:30 (school doesn't start until 8:40 and he usually wakes up at 7:30)....can you tell, he was VERY EXCITED. It was so cute, he woke up, made his bed, and came running into our room so excited to start 'big kid school'.

He was so cute that I just had to bite my tongue when I saw that the outfit he picked out was slightly dirty and did not match at all. I nicely asked why he wasn't wearing the clothes I picked out. He said because I picked them out myself....duh, why didn't I think of that. Luckily, he decided to at least wear the shirt I picked out and he picked out a clean pair of shorts. Who can argue with that!

After breakfast he ran outside and it was so fun to see all the neighborhood kids outside taking pictures and getting ready for the bus. And no, Hunter does not ride the bus...at least not at this moment. Sending my baby off to kindergarten was traumatic enough for one week...i am DEFINITELY NOT ready for him to ride the bus. No way, No sir.

Here he is with one of his friends down the street. It just so happened they have the same teacher, as well. SWEET! (that's what he said)


I was so not ready to let my Baby boy go, but seeing how excited he was that morning made the whole experience go much smoother.


He claims since he is old enough for school, he is old enough to hold Kinley on his own....I am not so sure she agrees.

So when we got to school, I begged for one more picture outside....

And then off he went......


*Well not really....of coarse we walked him in the building, and into his classroom. In fact, I didn't really want to leave. But we did, and he stayed! He had an absolute perfect first day and can't believe he gets to get up and do it all over again.

No comments: