Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

37 weeks....full term....we made it! I have been kind of an emotional wreck this last week. I feel excited, anxious, and scared all at the same time. I am so eager for our little baby to make his/her presence, but I also want baby covill to wait until my extended family is here which won't be until April. I am trying really hard not to stress about this because fortunately, my baby's arrival is not up to me.

I am so blessed to have such a patient, laid back husband, a son who is so filled with life, a mother in law who has been so helpful during my pregnancy both physically (she is a PT and has some cool 'massage tricks' for late pregnancy back aches) and emotionally, and amazing friends who have kept me company and helped entertain my son when the days seem to drag on.

Paul and I have spent hours trying to prepare Hunter for being a big brother. As much as I wanted my kids to be closer in age, I have come to appreciate that details like the age of my kids are not in my control. As I think back to the last five years, and how much one on one time I have spent with my son, I could not be more grateful. I feel so blessed to be his mommy. He is such a special little guy, who has changed my life in so many ways. My new outlook has been to thank God every day for allowing me the opportunity to spend 5 years devoting all my attention to Hunterbear. I just hope and pray we can help Hunter adjust to sharing our time with his new brother/sister. Somehow, I think he will be just fine and I KNOW he will be such a wonderful big brother.

Well, that's all for now....until next time

No comments: